To drive business transformation and sustain the change required by Shell's IT simplification agenda. Shell is focused on aligning and simplifying IT systems to increase customer satisfaction and business value which will drive significant and ongoing change in all parts of the business, underpinning the business' growth agenda. Shell is building an inhouse IT Business Transformation Capability that will partner closely with each area of the business to drive and embed IT change. This role will be a senior expert position, reporting to the GM Transformational Change within the Group CIO function. The role is delivery focused and will lead IT-driven business change in a programme or project environment.
The primary purpose of the role is to:
- Engage with senior business and IT leaders and executives to drive the change agenda
- Lead and run one or multiple change programmes, partnering with IT Programme and Project managers, devising the plan and implanting the Shell method
- Drive business value and business outcomes through the management of measurable change management and business transformation interventions, usually in an Agile context
- Advise, coach, manage and mentor more junior change managers often via matrix leadership to build the capability
- Take responsibility for a large business area, liaising with executive stakeholders and managing the portfolio of demand for business transformation resource
- Work closely and collaborate with peers leading change across other areas of Shell's business
- Work closely and collaboratively with other related departments, OD/OE, Internal Communications, Learning and Continuous Improvement, within Shell to deliver a comprehensive service to the business
- Equip the business with the skills to better manage and sustain change
- Partner with CIOs and IT / Delivery Managers (as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor) in:
- Assessing and classifying the business change to determine the right change strategy and approach
- Providing expert change strategy and planning to IT-enabled business change challenges
- Ensuring that the appropriate change management tools and methods are applied to IT projects
- Partnering with other parts of the organisation (IC, OD, Learning) to deliver high quality change management interventions
- Providing expert coaching and advice on CM activities to help changing mindsets and behaviours to IT professionals involved in project delivery
- Developing agile mindsets and behaviours
- As a senior member of the IT Business Transformation Capability, create an environment where members feel motivated, engaged, connected, able to perform to high levels and to grow and develop in their roles. This may include Line Manager responsibility.
- Act as a conduit for sourcing specialist external consulting support where needed
- Work to develop the Capability and facilitate knowledge sharing and capturing of good practice, and (in conjunction with OD peers) be sufficiently connected with external bodies to continue to leverage the experience and insight of others
Auto req ID:
IT Project & Programme Management
Country of Work Location:
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bangalore RMZ-ECO WORLD
- Deep expertise in initiating, leading and managing technology-led change and technology adoption
- Expertise in change management methods and their application, with emphasis on driving measurable business results
- Proven business transformation and change management delivery track record (strong planning and execution discipline; delivering high quality, high impact solutions and interventions)
- Mastery in Agile IT management and Agile IT project delivery (esp. SaaS or digital implementations)
- Affinity with and understanding of the consequences of IT management and IT delivery
- Strong relationship & stakeholder management skills - proven track record in working as trusted advisor at senior business leader level on critical, complex CM challenges and influencing effectively at different organisational levels
- Proven track record of playing a "change integrator role" and leading change on an individual, team and organisational level
- Deep business understanding - able to impact business culture and behaviours and processes
- Highly skilled in coaching and developing others (developing competence in others in CM Capability development/coaching)
- Courage and determination to challenge current practices and mindsets, challenge senior leaders while maintaining effective relationships. Independent objective thinker.
- Results/outcomes oriented, business value focused
Confidence and ability to work in high-ambiguity work environment
City, State (if applicable):
About us: Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Fueling the...
Target - Bengaluru, Karnataka - beBee
About us: Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. [Insert Pyramid...
Target - Bengaluru, Karnataka - beBee