Applications are invited for the Post of Junior Research Fellow(JRF) for the Research Project (GBPNI / NMHS-2018-19/HSF30-08/159) Funded by NATIONAL MISSION ON HIMALAYAN STUDIES (NMHS), MOEF&CC
Project Title: LANDSLIDE MONITORING USING INSAR/ DINSAR / SBAS / PSINSAR
TIME SERIES OVER HIMALAYAN REGION
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF): (No. of fellowships: 1)Description: NATIONAL MISSION ON HIMALAYAN STUDIES (NMHS), MOEF & CC funded research project has been sanctioned for three years. Synthetic aperture radar (SAR) signal and image processing techniques have to be explored for ground movement estimation. SAR polarimetry to be used to study the snow cover in the Himalayan region during the project tenure.
Qualification: Post Graduate degree in Physics (Electronics Spcl.) with NET/GATE qualification (or) Post Graduate degree in Professional Course,M.Tech in Communication Engineering with B.Tech Communication/M.Tech in Remote sensing with specialisation in Microwave Remote Sensing/M.Tech Radar System and Antennas/M.Tech Geoinformatics.
Number of Position: One
Principal Investigator: Dr. Vijay Kumar, School of Electronics Engineering, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, 632014, Tamil Nadu.
Duration: 36 Months
- a) Knowledge of Radar Signal Processing
- b) Antennas for Radar system
- c) SAR interferometry and Polarimetry
- d) Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- e) Immediate joining is required if selected.
- Desirable Criteria:
- f) Knowledge of Satellite Image Processing using ENVI / IDL
- g) Knowledge of SAR data processing software PolSARPro and Gamma
- h) Programming in IDL/C++/Matlab
Fellowship: Rs. 25,000 per month (Likely to be revised asper Govt. norms) and HRA.
Send your resume along with relevant documents pertaining to the details of qualifications, experience and latest passport size photo etc. on or before (31/10/2019) through online http://careers.vit.ac.in. No TA and DA will be paid for appearing in the interview.
The candidate should be willing to join immediately.
Salary:Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Education / Teaching / Training
Functional Area:Teaching, Education, Training, Counselling
Desired Candidate Profile Please refer to the Job description above
Education- UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Electronics/Telecommunication
PG:M.Tech - Electronics/Telecommunication
Company Profile Vellore Institute of Technology
VIT was established with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with international standards. It persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher education on a consistent basis.The campus has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with students from all corners of the globe. Experienced and learned teachers are strongly encouraged to nurture the students.
3358703 Commissioning Specialist Power Power Conversion GE...
General Electric Company - Chennai, Tamil Nadu - beBee
Apps Systems EngineerWells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion...
Wells Fargo - Chennai, Tamil Nadu - beBee