Head of Service Operations Chennai - 90244301
:18 Sep 2019 - 25 Sep 2019
Job Title: Head of Service Operations Chennai
The Head of Service Operations Chennai delivers operational run support, business and hosting change delivery (external / internal projects), risk management & people/talent management within the India Technology Centre. Responsibility will also include site leadership for GTIS staff at Chennai. As a member of the Server Leadership Team we expect you to possess a healthy mixture of both technical and leadership skills. Successful candidate would have an expert knowledge of Unix and secondary as Windows & Storage facilitating technologies and be capable to drive change. Responsibilities will include operations, workload management, process optimization, service improvements etc. You may be asked to dive in to a project or to work on incidents. As a senior member of the Server team you might need to act as Product Owner for multiple technologies and drive further development in agile way. This includes managing product backlog, prioritization, sprint planning and arranging retrospectives.
What will you be doing?
- Full accountability for the Run delivery of Server Platforms from India taking functional direction from Global Heads, striving to improve service offerings, and replaying back into Global operating model.
- Provide thought leadership for the development of the broader GTIS and group-wide Servers Platforms technology strategy & service management model.
- Maintain and build the Regional Server Operations Team in India, through internals first and external hiring.
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders within GTIS and across the technology organisation to create a go to function for Server Platforms within Hosting.
- Work with the Head of Servers, the Global & Regional Head of Command Centres, and their direct reports to shape, operate, and integrate existing and new services delivered through a portfolio of transformation initiatives to deliver the Hosting technology strategy.
- Review and improve team performance and delivery across the Server estate and associated toolsets
- Contribute towards setting strategic direction of server Infrastructure. Conceptual technical thinking.
- Development and drive of improvements in current toolsets
- Provide expertise technical advice to customers and server team members
- Bring new technology to the bank
- Act as product owner and agile lead for number of technologies
- Drive the BICEP controls and technical incident resolution of Server team
- Drive hosting strategy across multiple locations for Server Team
- This role requires Strong strategic mind-set with the ability to generate innovative solutions and willingness to get into the details for solutions
- Maintain a strong working relationship with other Technical teams (internal and external), Infrastructure Partners and Service Engagement Managers at senior levels (D/MD)
- Drive the integration of BCUS/GTIS and cloud support model
What we’re looking for:
- Has experience working in large and diverse organisations, enterprise class Unix environments
- Technology Integration and Troubleshooting
- Documentation of Problem Statements, Migration approaches, Technology Solutions
- Knowledge of Systems Management and large scale upgrades across an enterprise estate
- Knowledge of different change management practices and how an evergreen platform may be adopted by an enterprise organisation
- Awareness of common application compatibility issues driven through integration and automation technologies
- Deep understanding of server OS and facilitating technologies
- Deep understanding of OS security and cyber security controls
Skills that will help you in the role:
Subject Matter Technology Specific Skills
- Exposure and experience of the following technologies, or similar technologies to perform the same functional requirements: -
- Windows Servers
- CHEF, Ruby, Python
Non Technology Skills
- Previous experience in leading a team
- Ability to work with in a rapidly changing environment - where goals and objectives often change at short notice.
- Having the confidence to determine your own objectives that fit within the wider team goals, rather than rely on being instructed all the time.
- Technically complex components
- Experienced in building strategic plans and managing risks, issues, dependencies and pulling teams together to work through these items while managing stakeholder expectations
- Strong documentation and governance skills – able to work with teams to ensure the right deliverables are created, communicated and managed as part of a operations and transformation lifecycle.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
Operational Risk ConsultantWells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0...
Wells Fargo - Chennai, Tamil Nadu - beBee
Fin Plan & Controls AnalystWells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0...
Wells Fargo - Chennai, Tamil Nadu - beBee