At Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bengaluru Racecourse we want our guests to relax and be themselves which means we need you to:
- Be you by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
- Get ready by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
- Show you care by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
- Take action by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
Your day to day
- Check guests in, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner recognizing IHG Rewards Club Member and also returning guests
- Ensure required identification is taken from guests at check-in in line with local legislative requirements
- Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximise hotel revenue
- Answer, record and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions or concerns
- Record guest preferences in the system
- Check guests out, including resolving any late or disputed charges
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions using established procedures
- Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes in line with hotel procedures
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up
- Take action to solve guest problems/complaints using appropriate service recovery guidelines
- Follow established hotel safety protocols and procedures at all times. Immediately report any health and safety incident, security breaches, concerns or suspicious behaviour to the supervisor or manager on duty
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service
- Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
- Being passionate about people and service
- Strong communication skills essential when interacting with guests and employees
- Reading and writing abilities are used often when completing paperwork, logging issues/complaints requests/information updates, etc.
- Basic math skills are used frequently when handling cash or credit.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
What we need from you
High School diploma /Secondary qualification or equivalent. One year front desk/guest service experience strongly preferred. Proficiency in Opera/Fidelio is preferred but not essential. Some college/university preferred. Must speak fluent local language. Additional language skills preferred but not required depending on location of hotel
Why American Express? There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been...
American Express - Bengaluru, Karnataka - beBee
Want to build innovative, cutting edge automation in a startup like environment backed by the strong infrastructure you...
Amazon - Bengaluru, Karnataka - beBee