At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing India Engineering has an immediate opening for a Power Supply EMC Engineer for airworthy hardware design & development for variety of aerospace programs.
- Candidate should have a thorough understanding of AC/DC power supply designs for meeting airworthy standards and creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges.
- Candidate should be a power supply engineer with 2+ years design experience and a solid understanding of EMC fundamentals and control concepts.
- Should have in-depth understanding of parasitic effects of components and layout of EMI with thorough understanding of various EMI components and tradeoffs in design choices.
- Knowledge on printed circuit board schematic and layout reviews for emission and immunity control keeping in view an understanding upon worldwide EMC regulations, standards and test methods aimed at a compact thermal solution will ensure your team meets its objectives.
- Must have experience in preparation and execution of certified test plans and preparing test reports with concurrent hands on experience upon EMC test equipment/chambers, thermal and shock equipment and ESD testing.
- Should consistent record in solving problems related to EMI failures in a fast paced environment, for providing power supply solutions to project teams and vendors over small equipment and complex systems will ensure success of your team.
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates with power design and power integrity modelling experience across test environments.
- Candidate shall coordinate with Program Engineering (Project, Design, Manufacturing, etc) to ensure safety of designs.
- Provide periodic update on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents.
- As a key role, he shall assist in estimates across hardware development life-cycle. Flexible working ours is a requirement.
This positions supports initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development & customer engagement. This position will be located at Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center, Bangalore, India. Ability to travel internationally, free of any country related travel restrictions is a requirement.
- Participate to evaluate optimum Power supply topology with an eye for Six Sigma principles
- Verify proposed designs by circuit simulation using SABER
- Assist to design magnetic elements for the power supplies to meet MIL standards and understand the science behind it.
- Assist the subject matter expert on tradeoffs of topology and selection of power components including magnetic, power MOSFET, IGBT, SCR, diodes and semiconductor technologies including gan and sic.
- Must have worked with worked with bode plots and skills to determine phase and gain margins.
- Assist in providing technical support to packaging for thermal design and other requirements for avionics (isolation, altitude, ESD etc.) For CAD and analysis.
- Assist in providing technical support to CAD for PCB layout with respect to single point grounding, low impedance, low noise etch paths.
- Assist in providing support to reliability with Power Supply worst case analysis. You have participated in usage of tools like DFMEA, DFT and DFM.
- Experienced in AS9100, ISO 9100, Mil Stds 461, 704, 1275 etc, DO-160stds, UL compliance requirements and understand how avionics systems derives requirements from such standards.
- Experience in design, development and testing of products such as electric ion thrusters/RF Plasma generators, magnetic current sensors, battery charger regulators, S3R/S4R etc will be an added advantage.
- Laboratory skills including use of Digital Oscilloscopes, Spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, current amplifiers, frequency generator, and Capacitance meter.
- Experience in working with CAN, RS232, RS485, I2C, SPI, UART and similar protocols.Experience in handling multiple sources, good social skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional team. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world.
- Demonstrate strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Be fluent in written and spoken English, and have high degree of proficiency with MS Office tools.
Bachelors degree in Electrical/Power Electronics/Electronics with 3+ years of AC/DC power converter design and development with power density of up to 10W in3 convection cooled that includes flyback, buck, boost, buck boost, half and full bridge, ZVS, multi-phase. Masters with specialization in Power electronics and at least one year of industrial exposure or equivalent Doctorate degree holders with proven specialization
About us: Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Fueling the...
Target - Bengaluru, Karnataka - beBee
About us: Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. [Insert Pyramid...
Target - Bengaluru, Karnataka - beBee