Business Analytics ConsWells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website .
Corporate Model Risk : Wells Fargo's Corporate Model Risk is responsible for independently overseeing the management of model risk exposures across the enterprise (including governing, monitoring, and reporting on aggregate model risk exposures, model validations, and model oversight across enterprise). This oversight extends to all phases of a model's life cycle, including identification, development, validation, implementation, finding resolution, usage, performance monitoring, documentation, and retirement.
The Qualitative Model Validation group is responsible for validating and approving all qualitative models used across Wells Fargo. The team's responsibilities include performing model validations, annual reviews, performance monitoring, and issue management
About the Role:
The Qualitative Model Validator will be responsible for the quality and completion of model validation to support business activities primarily in the area of Credit Risk or Financial Crimes or Market Risk or PPNR Model Risk or Liquidity / Wholesale Risk.
- Ensure credible challenge of models through independent validation process by evaluating all relevant components of models, identifying areas of weakness, working with key stakeholders like model owners to ensure risk commensurate remediation and timely delivery
- Establish reporting and escalation protocols of review results and follow up on identified issues/observations.
- Understand model risk supervisory guidance, Model Risk Management Policy, and current industry best-practices
- Continually work to improve consistency and quality of independent model validation
- Ensure all models within scope are independently validated per expected standards and schedule
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with LOB Model Governance, Model Owners, Model Program team members, and CFMOs across Wells Fargo.
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree in statistics, math, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of these areas: Finance, Risk Analytics, Fraud Forecasting, Financial Crimes, Operational Risk, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Wholesale & Liquidity Risk or Audit within Financial Services Industry
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills and experience in building and maintaining partnerships, collaborating across lines of business as well as with corporate partners.
- Experience in producing work of highest quality within tight timelines, as well as creating, maintaining, and supporting processes subject to intense regulatory scrutiny.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Proficiency managing databases, spreadsheets, and programming (Knowledge of SQL, SAS and R).
- Ability to apply strong analytical skills and critical thinking to a diverse population of model types.
- Prior model validation or model risk management experience is preferred.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Why American Express? There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been...
American Express - Bengaluru, Karnataka - beBee
Want to build innovative, cutting edge automation in a startup like environment backed by the strong infrastructure you...
Amazon - Bengaluru, Karnataka - beBee