As an Associate Technical Support Engineer you will be an integral member of a team responsible for quickly resolving highly technical, complex issues. Your role will be critical in maintaining the trust of our customers. You will be working directly with our customers’ technical operations teams in defining issues, resolving them, or leading a cross-functional team to drive resolutions.
About the Team
Akamai’s Global Services & Support organization is responsible for driving customer loyalty; innovating to meet customers’ evolving online business needs; and for fostering a culture of accountability and exceptional service to optimize customer engagement. The Global Services & Support organization includes the core functions of Professional Services, Services Delivery, Technical Support, Customer Experience, Account Management, and Service Enablement. This world-class organization provides customers with the deep technical understanding and industry expertise to create new business opportunities, maximize return on investment, and reduce risk.
Required Education and Experience
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* Prior internship experience in a technical support, engineering, IT or equivalent coursework.
* Previous customer-facing experience preferred.
* Knowledge of how the Internet works (HTTP and DNS).
* Programming knowledge and experience (Perl/shell scripting or Java preferable).
* Knowledge of common network protocols (TCP/IP, ICMP) and tools.
* Familiarity with technologies like:J2EE (using Tomcat and/or Websphere) or .NET architecture,Web Services (SOAP, XML),Configuring webservers (Apache, IIS) and the infrastructure necessary to support a dynamic website (load balancers, connecting to databases, etc),SQL and databases.
* Customer focus, acts with the customer in mind, anticipates future needs and dedicated to providing superior service.
* Problem solving ability, creativity to "think-outside-the-box", proven track record in proposing and implementing new solutions for customers.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to disseminate information in a clear and correct manner to both business and technical audiences.
* Strong relationship building skills, can positively influence the actions of others and works as a team player.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects.
* Self-motivated, directed and passionate about what you do. Strives for results.
Why American Express? There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been...
American Express - Bengaluru, Karnataka - beBee
Want to build innovative, cutting edge automation in a startup like environment backed by the strong infrastructure you...
Amazon - Bengaluru, Karnataka - beBee