Apps Systems EngineerWells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website .
Enterprise Core Services (ECS) group is within the Enterprise Information Technology business and a critical component of the Enterprise CIO operating model aimed at providing common, consistent, and foundational software services and solutions to be used across technology at Wells Fargo. The group includes the strategic development and support of core information management services including data technology blue print, common data services, customer relationship management services and customer due diligence services to be leveraged across all technology teams in Wells Fargo. Additionally their Cloud enablement services is another strategic priority to re-engineer of a significant portion of Wells Fargo's large and complex application portfolio.
About the Role
The Teradata SQL developer will be supporting Web Analytics and various other applications of the Virtual Channels Business Intelligence team.
- This position has the primary responsibility of providing ETL (SQL) development support for the Web Analytics Big Data application in addition to the following responsibilities.
- Level 3 production support, troubleshooting and resolving production issues.
- Data research including fixing defects in the ETL (SQL) code.
- Coordinating with the ETL Development, Database, and Business Analyst teams for business intelligence & big data applications.
- Verifying program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Helping with developing new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides
- Must have 7+ years of hands-on development and support experience in one or multiple Data warehousing projects.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in Teradata SQL and Stored procedures.
- Well versed in Teradata analytical functions, query optimization, explain plans, parallelism, and other advanced database topics.
- Excellent understanding and experience of Unix environment and automation techniques.
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in Unix Shell scripting.
- Basic knowledge/experience with business intelligence tools (like Microstrategy, Cognos, Business Objects and Tableau).
- Ability to understand high complex data models.
- Experience with creating dashboards and reporting. This includes the ability to analyze data and not just building a report.
- Aware and compliant to standard IT processes and SDLC life cycle.
- Detail oriented and exceptional problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) is required, including the ability to be able to communicate issue status and remediation planning to Application/Business partners and management.
- Excellent analytical & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Teradata certification would be a great advantage.
- Knowledge of Aster database, Big Data ecosystem and the Web Analytics domain would be an added advantage.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Why American Express? There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been...
American Express - Bengaluru, Karnataka - beBee
Want to build innovative, cutting edge automation in a startup like environment backed by the strong infrastructure you...
Amazon - Bengaluru, Karnataka - beBee